Monday, April 14, 2014

Letters from Jesus (Holy Week 1)

The names of God revealed in scripture give us glimpses into his character. For Holy Week, I am posting one letter every day from a different name of Jesus. These messages are lifted from God's word (references are below each letter), birthed in prayer, and intended to be a personal missive from the heart of God's character to you.  May you be blessed, and may the Name(s) of Jesus be glorified through my imperfect words.

 

Dear Child,
   
My name, Jesus, means "Salvation". 

"Salvation", the name heralded by angelic tongues to a simple carpenter. "Salvation", the name whispered by a virgin over her firstborn son. "Salvation", the name sneered at by the Pharisees. "Salvation", the name that crudely labeled Golgotha's cross.

This, this, is the name at which every knee will bow, the name above every name on Heaven and Earth. My very name is a prayer, a plea, a request that comes to my ears before it even passes your lips!  Whisper my name, child, "Jesus, Salvation!", and I am with you, mighty to save. 

My name, Jesus, Salvation, is my identity--it is who I am, it is what I delight to do!

Within my name is my heartbeat, my joy, my loving intent for my people. I saved you, not because of anything you have done, but because of my own purpose and grace.  Salvation is not a possession, but a Person. I am Jesus, I am your Salvation.


Love,
   
Jesus



 “She will give birth to a son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus,
because He will save His people from their sins.”
Matthew 1:21

Matthew 27:37, Luke 6:11, Phil 2:10, Zephaniah 3:17, 1 Timothy 1:15, 2 Tim 1:9, Romans 10:9
 

No comments:

Post a Comment