Sunday, April 20, 2014

Letters from Jesus (Holy Week Part 7)

The names of God revealed in scripture give us glimpses into his character. For Holy Week, I am posting one letter every day from a different name of Jesus. These messages are lifted from God's word (references are below each letter), birthed in prayer, and intended to be a personal missive from the heart of God's character to you.  May you be blessed, and may the Name(s) of Jesus be glorified through my imperfect words.

 

Dear Child, 
   
Little one, behold, I am the Lion of Judah. I walk in strength, boldness, and majesty. I am the Warrior King. I am not caged, I am not tame. But I am good, little one. Hold fast to my mane. Do not be afraid.

I am the Lion whose roar created the heavens and earth! My roar called forth Lazarus, still tangled in the wrappings of a dead man. My roar hushed the mighty storm. "The lion has roared; Who will not fear?"

I am the Lion who became a Lamb, who laid aside his strength to stretch out on a cross.  I am the Lion, who crouched down low in order to spring forth in triumph with the fierce roar of my love! I am the King who comes in victory to make everything right again.

Listen for my roar! I have created you in power and beauty, I will still your storms, I will call you to life with my word. I have put my lion-heart in you--do not keep quiet--for my righteous ones are bold as a lion!     


Lion of Judah
 

“Then one of the elders said to me, ‘Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed.  He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.’"
Revelation 5:5


Genesis 49:9, Genesis 1:1, John 11:43 Luke 8:22-24, Prov. 21:8, Phil. 2:5-11, Amos 3:8, Prov 28:1

No comments:

Post a Comment