Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Letters from Jesus (Holy Week Part 2)



The names of God revealed in scripture give us glimpses into his character. For Holy Week, I am posting one letter every day from a different name of Jesus. These messages are lifted from God's word (references are below each letter), birthed in prayer, and intended to be a personal missive from the heart of God's character to you.  May you be blessed, and may the Name(s) of Jesus be glorified through my imperfect words.



Dearest Child,
   
Oh, sweet one!  You are on a journey--do you know that I am the Way?  The Way isn't merely a path or a direction or a choice among many.  The Way is a Person to follow!  I am the Way. To know the Way means to know me, to sink into trusting relationship with me, and to let go of your fear of the unknown.  

I don't offer you a map--you can't know every twist and turn of the journey ahead of time-- but my Word is a Lamp for your feet. My Truth, my character, is your compass.  You don't have to be afraid
. My own journey through life included great struggle, but take courage: I am with you!  I am the Way of truth, of life, the Way to the Father, the Way to your true Home.  I am the Way to the place you were made for and the Way to the person you were made to be. I am the beginning, the end, and the in-between.

"This is the Way, walk in it."  I have called you to Walk in me, in Christ. Oh how it pleases me when we walk together! Don't look to the side.  Don't compare our journey to another's. Hold tight to my hand-- no dark, shadowy season can overtake you without My Presence leading and comforting you. I will never leave you, never--no, not ever!!

 
The Way


“Jesus answered, ‘ I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.’ “
John 14:6

Psalm 119:105, Isaiah 30:21, Hebrews 13:5, Ephesians 4:1, Psalm 23:3-4, John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment