Saturday, April 19, 2014

Letters from Jesus (Holy Week Part 6)

The names of God revealed in scripture give us glimpses into his character. For Holy Week, I am posting one letter every day from a different name of Jesus. These messages are lifted from God's word (references are below each letter), birthed in prayer, and intended to be a personal missive from the heart of God's character to you.  May you be blessed, and may the Name(s) of Jesus be glorified through my imperfect words.


Dear Child,
   
Life can feel dark and lonely. There are seasons so difficult that my children are tempted to hide in dim corners, pressing their hands over their eyes.

Open your eyes, my Child.  I am here.  I am the True Light. There is no darkness in me.  I have come into this dark world to rescue my children, to lead you out of darkness.

I am the True Light.  I bring clarity-- I reveal hidden things.  I know everything, sweet child. I long to chase your shadows away.  My light is not glaring, it is not blinding, but I will shine on you gently, and together we can bring every piece of your story into the golden light of my love.   Bask in my truth and freedom-- there is grace in being known by Me.  There is freedom in the True Light.

Dear one, follow my Light. Let any coldness thaw in my glow, and weave your fingers into mine. Come with Me. My word is a Lamp to your feet; you will not stumble in the darkness, but walk confidently in my path. My word is Truth—it will keep you from following false lights.

When you follow close with me, my light gets in you. Even those whose eyes are still closed to Me will see my brightness in your life.  Shine, Dear One!! Walk as a child of the light! Walk in love, for my True Light is the true nature of Love. My Love sees the pain of others and does not hide from it.  My light gets in through the broken places--you are bringing me glory when you let my light shine through your brokenness into the lives of others.  You are bringing my salvation to every corner of  this dark world!
 

The True Light


“The true light that gives light in every man was coming into the world.”
John 1:9

John 12:46, John 12:35, Psalms 119:105, 2 Corinthians 4:6, Ephesians 5:8-9, 1 Peter 2:9,
1 John 1:5-7, 1 John 2:10, Philippians 2:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment