Friday, April 18, 2014

Letters from Jesus (Holy Week Part 5)

The names of God revealed in scripture give us glimpses into his character. For Holy Week, I am posting one letter every day from a different name of Jesus. These messages are lifted from God's word (references are below each letter), birthed in prayer, and intended to be a personal missive from the heart of God's character to you.  May you be blessed, and may the Name(s) of Jesus be glorified through my imperfect words.

 
Dear Child,
   
I am Jesus, I am the Son of God, the image of the Invisible God. I am the One in whom the very fullness of God was pleased to dwell. In me, all things were created, all things created through me and for me.  I hold everything together.

Come boldly to me.  I sit at the Father's right hand, but I do not use my power or privilege to exalt myself.  Oh no, child, I abandoned it all to come to you.  I took on the life and body and limits of man, I submitted to death on your behalf.  I did not hold my very life back from you-- It is my delight to give you everything I have!

You have the ear of the prince, my Love.  Come to the Son of God, weak and weary as you may be. I will hold you together. I will give you rest.  My favor and grace are enough for you-- my power is made perfect in weakness.
 

The Son of God

“When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, ‘Surely He was the Son of God!’ “
Matthew 27:54

Colossians 1:15-20, Matthew 11:28-30, Hebrews 4:16, Philippians 2:6-11


No comments:

Post a Comment